I had rotten luck...i blamed Murphy.... I still have rotten luck...now i enjoy it...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Murphy Mantra.

We' ll have to start with the Murphy Mantra:
"If anything can go wrong it will"
The MATHI corollary: "...Really, it will!!"

Most of you may view this blog as an absolute waste of time gigs and cyberspace...... It is.

Murphy has been following me with his magnifyin glass fryin my butt for a good 8 years now, since the time that I first stepped into the bus stand at luz corner.I was waiting for the infamous 29C along with an elderly gentleman(who I'd like to think of as an incarnation of Murphy himself) , the only difference was that unlike me he did nt seem to mind waiting. He watched me mumble,scorn and pity myself as I watched all the other buses go past and in one defining moment the man turned to me , chanted the Murphy Mantra and walked into the bus. He had passed on the baton of ill fortune...The cape of hazard... The belt of misery....The beacon to the trodden path..... And I was the chosen one....

Since then Accidents have been aplenty and my life has been replete with both embarrassing and painful(I mean physically painful!!) situations..... Mad cows,Crashed cars,Fungus,Sexually offensive bus rides,Encounters with stray dogs,Public evictions and so much more..... I invite you to be a part of the Tragical Mirth that is me.....

I love my life every painful detail of it......I still remain the eternal optimist only not a lucky one!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Abhinav said...

heh... lovely start man... and fungus? do elaborate!

2:15 AM

 
Blogger Dreamer said...

My first comment!! Yay!

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Krishna Kumar. S said...

Talk about 29C and I go misty eyed. Like Tennyson's ULYSSES (search it on www.bartleby.com and read), I have travelled the seas between perambur and mylapore and beached on both the shores from 1976 to 1987 and it's not a fun ride. Worse, waiting hand in hand with Anonymous Murphy for that selfsame Bus. But Mr. Murphy ain't all that bad a man. When you want things to go bad, he gets them good. So KK's corollary: When you want things to go good, wish yourself bad. That's why they say BREAK A LEG behind the fourth wall, get it?

2:41 AM

 
Blogger karthik said...

its no use, kk! for a long time i preached @think one step ahead of murphy, so as to lure fortune right ino yer ...umm... onto yer lap" .. but that murphy's one shrewd and knavish lad! there are those like good vishy anandh who attempt 8 steps ahead of murphy... but we dont fit in in that league... poor us... in full exposure to murphy..

p.s. M for murphy or mathi?

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home